We are thrilled to announce dates and location for our 26th annual Blues Festival. We expect to announce the line-up soon. The dates are July 12 and 13, 2019. The location will be Arcadia Festival site, Kalamazoo MI. Please save the dates!
We always need volunteers to serve in a wide variety of roles! Thanks to our volunteers over the years.
Here are some of the great bands from 2018:
Corey Dennison – Chicago sideman finds his own groove!
- Played with Carl Weathersby in Chicago for 12 years.
- BMA – Nominated for best Contemporary Blues Album, Night After Night
Ghost Town Blues Band – Horns, harmonicas, guitars and a nasty sound.
- IBC: 2nd place 2014
- Blues Blast Music Awards: nominee for Best Blues Band – 2015
- Independent Blues Award winner: Best Contemporary Blues Song 2016
Angel Forrest – Canadian blues superstar
- Canadian Female Vocalist of the Year 2013
- Canadian Female Vocalist of the Year 2014 / Songwriter of the Year
- Canadian Female Vocalist of the Year 2015
- Canadian Female Vocalist of the Year 2016 / Songwriter of the Year / Recording of the Year
- Canadian Female Vocalist of the Year 2017
Victor Wainwright – Top blues keyboardist in the country!
- BMA: won Best Piano Player award (Pine Top Perkins) 2013
- BMA: won Best Piano Player award (Pine Top Perkins) 2014
- BMA: won 2016 Blues Entertainer of the Year.
- BMA: won Best Piano Player award (Pine Top Perkins) 2017
- BMA: nominated for best piano player (Pine Tip Perkins Award)Â 2018
Hilger & DeVos
Steve Pesch Band
Big Boss Blues
Blue Soul Express
Crossroads the Resurrection
Grand Marquis_- old-time blues and jazz making a return appearance.
- Steeped in the musical tradition of Kansas City, they play American roots, blues and prohibition-era jazz.
- IBC: Finalist 2011
Jason Ricci & Bad Kind
- Blues Critic Award for Harmonica Player of the Year – 2008
- BMA: won Best Harmonica Player 2010
- Grammy: won Best Blues Album 2014
- BMA: Nominated for Best Harmonica 2018
Nick Moss Band – Chicago blues at its best, nominated in two categories this year.
- BMA: Four previous nominations for Best Album of the year – 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006
- BMA: Nominated for Band of the Year for 2018
- BMA: Dennis Gruenling nominated for best Harmonica 2018
Kev Nichols & Blue Tuesday
Application to be a vendor at the festival is here:
Instructions on how to submit are in the application.
If you are a food vendor, please read this overview letter about requirements:
You have previously expressed an interest in the annual Kalamazoo Blues Festival. We are pleased to announce the return to the Arcadia Festival Site. We are contacting the people on our mailing list. The dates for this year’s festival will be July 12th – 13th. Vendors will be able to sell all three days. We have a limited amount of booth space.
The Kalamazoo Valley Blues Association requires all food vendors to carry a minimum of $1,000,000 dollars (one million) liability insurance. Vendors will be charged a $100.00 booth fee plus 18% of gross sales. The booth fee includes water and electric hookups.
It is our intent to offer a diverse selection to our patrons. We will try to use our local vendors as much as possible if they offer a similar menu to yours. We do not promise that no other vendor will offer your specialty – but that is our goal. If you are interested in being a food vendor at our festival, please fill out the enclosed application. The application does not guarantee the vendor a booth at the festival. Do not send a booth fee ($100) until you have been notified that you have been selected. The deadline for vendor applications is May 7th, 2019. You will be notified by May 15th – or sooner – if you have been selected.
Please note the attached requirements of all vendors by the City of Kalamazoo. This will be strictly enforced. Certain ones have been checked as being problematic in the past.
The Kalamazoo Valley Blues Association would like to thank you for your interest in our festival. If you have questions concerning this letter contact Dennis at: (269) 694-4530 or email@example.com (email is best)