Dear Members & Blues Fans,
We wanted to thank you so much for your responses to our recent survey on the festival: over 200 people responded in the first week! Many of you definitely had something to say, and you said it quite clearly in our survey. Here are some highlights of the results, listed in order of strength of preference:
* Over 93% of respondents indicated they would definitely or most likely attend an ideal Blues Festival this summer (responded 4-5 out of 5); Median response was 5!
* Over 87% of respondents indicated they want an outdoor venue as opposed to an indoor one (responded 4-5 out of 5); Median response was 5!
* Over 71% of respondents listed July as a preferred month to hold the festival, with second preference going to August at about 50%
* Median response to wanting a wide variety of food and non-alcoholic beverages was 4 out of 5
* Median responses to wanting a national lineup and wide variety of alcoholic beverages were both 3 out of 5
While the vast majority of our members listed area codes very close to downtown Kalamazoo, we had respondents from as far away as California and Florida who had attended past festivals!
The KVBA Board wanted to express our sincere thanks for your overwhelming response, as it gives us clear direction and marching orders for the 2018 Kalamazoo Blues Festival. We will work diligently to bring you a fun, affordable, and memorable festival that will celebrate the Blues in a way fitting of our 25th Anniversary Event!
As we close out 2017, we’d ask you to consider supporting our mission as a non-profit, volunteer organization to bring the Blues to Kalamazoo by becoming a member. Perhaps your company would consider being a sponsor of our 25th Anniversary Blues Festival – if so, please fill out this brief form and we will contact you!
The KVBA Board of Directors